Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting to know me.....Christmas Edition

Getting to Know Me...Christmas Edition

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper and it must match. Ask friends, if you bring something that does not match, it goes into hiding behind others until opened. :)

2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL!! Come on we live in Oregon, the tree state, and a bonus, we cut it down ourselves. This year we are even heading into the forest to do so! What fun!!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we do it the weekend after Dominick's birthday, but this year we are heading to the mountains on Saturday after Thanksgiving so we will be getting it then.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually Christmas night, or the morning after. We get it early, and get a HUGE tree. So it takes up a lot of space, and with doing daycare I need the space.

5. Do you like eggnog? NO!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My 10 speed bike, sitting there by the tree, sparkling by the lights, in such a pretty light blue color.

7. Hardest person to buy for? No one consistently. I can't think of anyone on my list that regularly causes me trouble. Some years I don't have a great idea for someone, but then the next year they're the first one I find something for.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Savannah, she and I spend a lot of time together, I know her well. (Plus she makes her wants known :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, one. But we do not have a good place to put it in this house, so it has not been out in the past couple of years.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, there is NO other way to do it!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, my family reads this so I plead the 5th :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October, but really kick it up the day after Thanksgiving!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not sure if I've ever recycled a Christmas present. None come to mind. I have recycled gifts, but I think they were wedding and/or birthday gifts...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Prime rib on Christmas day, but on Christmas eve we do crazy things, like Chinese, seafood or sometimes just appetizers. I love me some seafood fondue!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, but white only, and no blinking ones!!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay home AND visit family close by. Never traveled away from home at Christmas (yet).

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Depends on the color of the wrapping paper, Silver based a star, gold an Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning unless its from the friends that we spend it with on Christmas eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people start discussing all the nasty parts of Christmas and how annoying things are and how they don't like blah blah blah. I don't like negativity in general, but at Christmas, it just bursts my happy Christmas bubble! :)

23. What theme or color are you using? Varies by year, this year it is red/silver/gold.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Food, is food. It is more about who we are with!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Fiestaware! I love me some Cobalt and Scarlett dishes, and accessories.

No comments: