Tuesday, December 26, 2006
We spent Christmas morning here, opening presents, Savannah dot an IPod,
Dominick a Nintedo DS
and then headed off to The Crittenden's for Christmas there. We had a great prime rib dinner, opened gifts, and played Monolopy Here and Now with EVERYONE!
Savannah played the elf (delivering presents) and Dominick was thrilled with his case of OLIVES from Uncle Shawn!
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Did the annual picture of the kids in front of the christmas tree, this year Scarlett joined the picture.
Then we put out cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for the reindeer, and sprinkled "Reindeer food" for the reindeer. All traditions we have done for years, it was great!.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
~Grandma & Grandpa Sing take the kids to Storybook Land
~We go drive and see Christmas lights
~Aaron reads them The Night Before Christmas, every Christmas Eve
~They open their stockings ASAP Christmas morning
~Aaron and I open ours in bed
~We go to Aaron's parent Christmas day and celebrate with them
What are your traditions? What are your greatest Christmas memories?
May you all have a wonderful, memory filled Christmas!!
Sunday, December 17, 2006
It just does not have the same ring to it. On Sunday we woke up to white everywhere. The kids thinking it was snow, rushed to get dressed and go outside, only to discover it was way more like frozen fog. It was really fine, but they still managed to make snow angels, and snowballs. We still 3 days later have yet to really unfreeze. Strange thing is that if you drive 2 miles down the road towards town, it is as clear as can be.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Aaron gets up and gets ready for work, only to have his boss call and say don't come in there is NO power at the office. So he decided to go to her house and help her move her old home office to her new home office. He was getting stuff from the truck and heard a loud POP and he now can walk or straighten his left knee. 2 hours in urgent care, a brace, and an MRI scheduled for next Friday. They think he did something to his meniscus. So now he is hobbling around with the brace on, getting ready to go to work since the power in on again.
Plus the sump pump stopped working this morning. So he will have to dig that up and see what is wrong with it. All while not bending his knee. FUN FUN!
Damn, when it rains it pours....... I think we need a do over for today!!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Tonight the kids had their All-American Christmas program. They have a new music teacher this year, she is really good. Savannah had her first solo/speaking part. She has never tried out before, and decided that since this was her last year there she would. She did great!!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
1. My current favorite song: Silent Night, O holy night!!
2. The last book I read: I am still reading Robin McGraws book, Inside my Heart I just can't see to find time to finish it. Acutally I think I have only read about 4 chapters of it, not that I dont like it, just time issues.
3. The last book I bought: Some hardbacked books, for the 2 year old in the family we adpoted this year through Aaron's work.
4. The last cd I bought: It's a Christmas gift, and she might read this so I can't tell ya.
5. Another CD I wanted but didn't buy: The James Taylor Christmas, well almost any Christmas CD, I have tons but one can NEVER have enough.
6. What I'm wearing right now: Grey yoga pants, red long sleeved shirt, and white socks.
7. The last gift I bought for someone: Just did some more shopping online, but again can't tell you what because I KNOW that person/family reads this :)
8. The last time I laughed heartily and loudly: Saturday night, we took our friends our for dinner to celebrate Eric's birthday, and then they came back here and we played games, and drank a few drinks. Need I say more.....
9. My favorite holiday ornament: Ones that are evenly spaced out, and all match.
10. My house smells like: Douglas fir trees, thanks to the tree we cut down on Saturday,and finally got put up in the house last night. Plus a variety of winter candles that are burning.
11. The first thing on my to-do list tomorrow is: Laundry!
12. If I could sit on Santa's lap and believe that he'd bring me whatever toy I wished for, I'd ask for: Toy, hmmmm....... Canon Digital Rebel XLI with the extended lens.
13. If I could holiday shop in ONE store, all expenses paid, I'd shop at: Nordstroms
14. If an angel alighted on my doorstep today and said, "I'm here to grant a Christmas wish," I'd wish for: my long distance family and friends to be here for the holidays, and their return flights to be delayed FOREVER!!
15. When I see a bell ringer while out shopping, I: Dig in my purse if the kids are with me, they love to donate. By myslef, smile and wish them a Merry Christmas in reutrn.
We finally got our tree up last night. That being said, I am NOT happy with it. I wanted it to be as tall as possible, that mean touching the ceiling. It does NOT! It just seems that nothing is going my way this season. I am in a funk. I dilike my tree, kids are constantly fighting, work is stressful, we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
I did buy some new ornaments this year, we have had the same ones since we were living together that first year. I really like them, but when did they become so expensive. 4 little tine silver dollar sized ornaments for $5. And that was at a discount store. Not some fancy store. Not the ones I really wanted that are $20 each.
Here is the tree. With only 4 presents under it. I have yet to get any more wrapped. Time just escapes me. Where does it go?
Tuesday, December 5, 2006
Yesterday was one of those days.
Aaron is having a rough time at work, he finally thinks its time for a change. He had a meeting with his boss (who is a great friend, and boss!) and let her know he was frustrated, drained, and that January 1st he will be job hunting. Now that is not normally what happens. But he trusts her, maybe things will change, maybe they will understand that his family will come first whether it is while he is working for them, or not. I am proud of him. His health/life is too important to loose over a job. What that means, I'm not sure. Will we be here in Albany, or even here in Oregon? I am open to change, I love change. Let's just see how much change he is ready for, as he dislikes change alot!
Savannah has struggled for the past 1 1/2 years as a Level 5 gymnast. This year it had come together. Last night they told her that she is moving to Level 6 on Wednesday. She is thrilled. She cryed. The coach (who does not yet have children) did not know what to think. I have told her that hard work pays off in the end. And she has been working her butt off this year. But I am afraid that she will now struggle with Level 6 skills. I guess life is always an uphill battle. She better her her armor on again and be ready to fight to stay a level 6. Good Luck Princess Buttercup!
Monday, December 4, 2006
Savannah had her meet, then we went to PIR (Portland International Raceway) to see their festival of lights. They had a great time, there were some impressive light displays. But I think the thing the kids like the most was that we were actually driving on the speedway! :)
Then Dominick turned 9 yesterday. We took him and 4 friend (and grandma/grandpa Fish) to Chuck E Cheese. It was a fun time for the boys, Dominick does not like cake so we had cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. They played games, won tickets, and traded them in for great (well maybe to them) prizes. I do have to say that I think 5 boys were much louder than the 12 girls I had at Savannah's slumber party a couple of years ago. They scream like girls, and the whole way to Salem, they did not stop talking, shouting, screaming, and making boy noises!
Happy Birthday Dominick!
Sunday, December 3, 2006
Savannah competed at the Oregon Gymanstics State Championships yesterday! She had her best beam score EVER! 9.25 , this from a girl that could/would fall off the beam 2 or 3 times or more on a bad day. She totally stayed on, acted like she owned that beam and rocked it! She also scored her high all around of 35.20!
State is set up funny, they divide by level, then age. So she only had 3 of her 15 team mates in her session. This is Maria K., Kelsey G, Savannah S. & Savannah C. (I know I know, who thought there would be another Savannah on her team)
We are so proud of her!! Way to go!! Good job girls!