Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007

Valentines day has never been a huge romantic day for Aaron and I. We met on St. Patrick's day, so we tend to go out and celebrate on that day. BUT today has been a wonderful day, full of surprises.

1st- Woke up to 2 dozen tulips and an I Love You balloon from Aaron and the kids.

2nd- Emma (one of my daycare girls) gave me a cute little school type valentine that says, "Miss Patty plays with the kids, gets drinks & lunch & going to sleep" that is what she told her mom to write on it. How cute!!

3rd- Savannah made me a wonderful card and gave it to me when she got up this morning, she really does love me, even though we but heads a lot!

4th- My dearest friend Mandy brought me Hot Chocolate from Starbucks on her way to work.

5th- When I went to open the door (when Mandy came over) there was a gift on my porch. It was from my childhood great friend Sonja. It was a bottle of wine, and a wonderful note.

I am blessed to have such great friends and family in my life!! It's the little things that matter!

PS: Dominick I am sure made me something, but I am not allowed in one his drawers of his dresser, but usually he remembers it a week or two after the holiday :) Silly boy, I better get him trained right before some girl gets her heart broke by him and his forgetfulness.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day, either. This year - loving, devoted wife that I am - I bought my own flowers so he wouldn't have to. I got the "3 for $12" bunch at Albertson's while I was grocery shopping the day before. Our best Valentine came from Louise. No surprise there!