Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trip to Idaho

Savannah has a meet this past weekend in Coeur d'alene Idaho. We packed up the car and left here at 6:30am, on Friday morning, pickup Cydnee at 7am, in Salem, (her parents could not go so I was her mom for the weekend) and picked up Dani and Carrie at 7:15am. Then we hit the road. We only stopped 2 times on the way there (7+ hours) and the girls did great! Loud but great! :)

Friday night the girls swam and ran around checking out the hotel, and to see who else was there (some how I forgot my camera everytime we went to the pool, must of been the wine :) ) Oh and 5 women/teens in one hotel room made for some intresting bathroom issues. Everyone wanted
to be in the shower at once, so this is how we solved it......





On Saturday we drove into Mead, WA to a place called Cat Tales and the girls got a behind the scenes tour and got to feed the cats. It was amazing!





The girls all competed on Sunday at 7:30am (yes, an awful time, ask Cyd, she was so NOT happy about it). Savannah did her backhand spring on the beam for the 1st time during competition, and I am sooooo proud of her. She has been really struggling with this element! Then we went back to the hotel to pack up and hit the road finally about 2pm on Sunday. I pulled into our driveway at 9:30pm, driving 1009.1 miles! WILD TRIP but a blast!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

She's holding hardware so I'm guessing she won something. My mom was born in Coeur d'Alene. In case you were wondering...

Patricia said...

yes, she wone 6th in Vault. Impressive since one of the gyms there is owned and trained my Nastia Lukin's father, she was an olympic gymnast this year. Then again I would prefer my child to be happy rather than go to that gym. He was MEAN to his girls.

Nadya 's World!!! said...

What a fun trip... :) I love tigers, but I'm not sure if I'd want to be close to them.. :) And congratulations on the 6th place... That's awesome!:)