1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Been put out for surgery.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really make "resolutions". It's more like... a time to try to set my mind for new things. eating healthier, being happier, etc.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, and I don't take it well! :(
5. What countries did you visit? Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A clean house. More to the point, a clutter-free house.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 12/16, 12/3, 3/21, ....
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure? There are failures as far as I am concerned.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing super major, but did have to have surgery this month.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmmm.......bought lots of great gifts, but not much for me.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Well.... I think both of the kids' behavior. They are well mannered, considerate and generally pleasant to be around (most of the time). And since they are both almost teenagers, I think that merits celebration!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The public figures in our world. My father's selfishness. :(
14. Where did most of your money go? The care and feeding of the house and the people inside. Braces for the kids, gymnastics lessons, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Spending Christmas with my family, its been a long time since we have done that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "All I Want To Do" - Sugarland!!!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier, looking forward to next year. .b) thinner or fatter? About the same, but as soon as the dr clears me it is back to the gym ASAP!! c) richer or poorer? Holding steady.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising, scrapbooking, enjoying life.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying, dealing with my anxiety attacks.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Eve: With friends and my side of the family, Day: With Aaron's family
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No. Just still am....!
22. What was your favorite TV program? CSI
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is such a harsh word, how about dislike.
24. What was the best book you read? Any of Nicholas Sparks books
25. a "
26. What did you want and get? A Kone
27. What did you want and not get? A new diamond ring.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Mama Mia!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 39 and nothing much. But I expect a HUGE party next year!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Paying off our mortgage.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Silver jeans, and solid shirts.
32. What kept you sane? My husband and friends. And maybe a glass of wine or two :)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Blair Underwood is not too hard on the eyes.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Oh good glory..... we need a regime change like yesterday, but I keep my political views mostly to myself.
35. Who did you miss? Yes, NH is too far away!
36. Who was the best new person you met? Probably Rhonda and Jake. They are soooo much like Aaron and I it is scary!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. "Friends are God's way of apologizing for your family!"